All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis newly revised and updated guide tells you everything you need to kw about visiting Germany. Interesting narratives describe the best sites to visit (as well as lesser-kwn ones), complete with detailed background descriptions and how best to tour each one. Among the special features are self-guided walking and driving tours: Stroll along the streets of ever changing Berlin, for instance, or through a breathtaking corner of the Black Forest. National Geographic and local experts provide insider tips on favorite or little kwn sites and events, and dozens of sidebars highlight experiences that show you how to truly get the most from your trip, including attending the medieval festivals celebrated at many castles in the Rhine Valley; touring underground Berlin; surfing and windsurfing off the rthern Baltic coast; and learning how to brew beer in Bavaria. A chapter full of practical information rounds out the guide, including how to get to Germany and an extensive listing of author-picked hotels and restaurants in all price ranges.
- Author BiographyBefore studying modern languages at Oxford University, MICHAEL IVORY perfected his German by spending time at a Rhineland boarding school. He subsequently taught in Germany and, after qualifying as a landscape architect and urban planner, took many student groups there to learn from the country's considerable achievements in these fields. He has traveled extensively in central and eastern Europe, and has watched with particular interest as the peoples and countries of the former Soviet bloc have adapted to the post-Communist world. Writing a guide to the whole of Germany was the fulfillment of a long-standing ambition. JEREMY GRAY was born of English parents in Louisiana. He began his writing career at news agencies, working at Agence France Presse and Bloomberg in Germany before moving to The Financial Times in Amsterdam. Gray has more than a dozen guidebooks to his credit, including bestselling titles on Amsterdam, Montreal, and Munich, and has contributed travel photography to publications around the globe. Gray now lives in the pulsing heart of Berlin's Mitte district.
- Author(s)Michael Ivory
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication02/02/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note170 colour photographs, 34 maps, 6 illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Revised byJeremy Gray
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.