All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplains why cities dig deep in their pockets to host the Olympics and countries breed teams for success on the world soccer stage.
- Author BiographyAlan Tomlinson is Professor of Leisure Studies, Area Leader for Sport and Leisure Cultures, and Head of Chelsea School Research Centre at the University of Brighton. He is the author and editor of many books, including The Game's Up: Essays in the Cultural Analysis of Sport, Leisure, and Popular Culture. Christopher Young is University Lecturer at the University of Cambridge and Fellow and Director of Studies in Modern and Medieval Languages at Pembroke College. He is the coauthor (with Thomas Gloning) of A History of the German Language Through Texts.
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSUNY Series on Sport, Culture and Social Relations
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAlan Tomlinson,Christopher Young,William G. Tierney
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.