All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first decade of the twenty-first century, the biggest event of worldwide proportion was the 2008 global financial crisis, which was caused primarily by ineffective governance, failed surveillance systems, and implementation flaws. While fiscal and monetary policies succeeded in pulling many countries out of a financial freefall, most ecomies have performed beneath pre-recession levels as governments continued to struggle with their finances. Examining the financial crisis from the viewpoint of intangible assets provides a different perspective from traditional ecomic approaches. National Intellectual Capital (NIC), comprised mainly of human capital, market capital, process capital, renewal capital, and financial capital, is a valuable intangible asset and a key source of national competitive advantage in today's kwledge ecomy. The authors-pioneers in the field-present extensive data and a rigorous conceptual framework to analyze the connections between the global financial crisis and NIC development. Covering the period from 2005 to 2010 across 48 countries, the authors establish a positive correlation between NIC and GDP per capita and consider the impact of NIC investment for short-term recovery and long-term risk control and strategy formulation. Each volume in a series of SpringerBriefs on NIC and the financial crisis provides in-depth coverage of the impact of the crisis, the aftermath, future prospects, and policy implications for a regional cluster. This volume focuses on Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, and Poland.
- Author(s)Carol Yeh-Yun Lin,Jeffrey Chen,Leif Edvinsson,Tord Beding
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/09/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Economics
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note41 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight242 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.