All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1992, National Rifle Association: Money, Firepower & Fear traces the history and political development of the National Rifle Association of America (NRA) from its founding in 1871 to promote rifle practice to its transformation into the mighty gun lobby that we kw today. Described as a chilling expose by Publishers Weekly upon its publication, National Rifle Association: Money, Firepower & Fear offers t only a detailed review of the political battles that defined the organization from the 1930s through the 1980s, but also pulls back the curtain on the inner workings of the organization. From 1977's Cincinnati Revolt in which Second Amendment fundamentalists led by Harlon Carter and Neal Kx took control of the organization to a series of high-profile leadership scandals that engulfed the NRA in the wake of Carter's departure, National Rifle Association: Money, Firepower & Fear offers the definitive critical look at the NRA during this period.
- Author BiographyJosh Sugarmann is executive director of the Violence Policy Center (VPC), which he has headed since founding it in 1988. Prior to establishing the VPC, Mr. Sugarmann was a press officer in the national office of Amnesty International USA and the communications director for the National Coalition to Ban Handguns. Mr. Sugarmann's articles and op-eds have appeared in numerous publications, including the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Mother Jones, Rolling Stone, The Nation, and Washington Monthly. He is also the author of Every Handgun is Aimed at You: The Case for Banning Handguns, published by The New Press in 2001.
- Author(s)Josh Sugarmann
- Date of Publication19/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.