All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis text analyzes the history, evolution, and processes of national security policies. It examines national security from two fundamental fault lines--the end of the Cold War and the evolution of contemporary terrorism, dating from the 9/11 terrorist attacks and tracing their path up to the Islamic State (ISIS) and beyond. The book considers how the resulting era of globalization and geopolitics guides policy. Placing these trends in conceptual and historical context and following them through military, semi-military, and n-military concerns, National Security treats its subject as a nuanced and subtle phemen that encompasses everything from the global to the individual with the nation at its core. New to the Sixth Edition * Fully updated with expanded coverage of ISIS, the new cool war with Russia, cybersecurity challenges, natural resource wars and development, negotiations with Iran, border threats, and much more. * Includes a completely new chapter on lethal landscapes such as developing world international conflicts in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East; the siren song of the Islamic State; and the dilemmas of guns, butter, and boots on the ground. * Shifts the focus from globalization to a more widely-ranging look at security, from the individual level to the regional to the global.
- Author BiographyDonald M. Snow is Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Alabama, where he specialized in international relations, national security, and foreign policy. He has also served as visiting professor at the U.S. Air, Army, and Naval War Colleges and the U.S. Air Command and Staff College.
- Author(s)Donald M Snow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.