Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last two decades, large-scale national, or provincial, standardised testing has become prominent in the schools of many countries around the globe. National Testing in Schools: An Australian Assessment draws on research to consider the nature of national testing and its multiple effects, including: * media responses and constructions such as league tables of performance * pressures within school systems and on schools * effects on the work and identities of principals and teachers * and impacts on the experience of schooling for many young people, including those least advantaged. Using Australia as the case site for global concerns regarding national testing, this book will be an invaluable companion for education researchers, teacher educators, teacher education students and teachers globally.
- Author BiographyBob Lingard is a Professorial Research Fellow in the School of Education at The University of Queensland, Australia. Greg Thompson is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education at Murdoch University, Australia. Sam Sellar is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of Education at The University of Queensland, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLocal/Global Issues in Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight360 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBob Lingard,Greg Thompson,Sam Sellar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.