All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionAn excellent introduction. * War in History ...the essays in this volume, individually and as a whole, represent for the English reader a valuable addition to scholarship on the emergence of gecidal policies. * Journal of Jewish Studies A very interesting and valuable contribution to the debate on National Socialism. * A-sterreichische Zeitschrift fur Politikwissenschaft Moving beyond the well-established problems and public discussions of the Holocaust, this collection of essays, written by some of the leading German historians of the younger generation, leaves behind the increasingly agitated arguments of the last years and substantially broadens, and in many areas revises, our kwledge of the Holocaust. Unlike previous studies, which have focused on whether the Holocaust could best be understood as the fulfilment of a world view or as a process of cumulative radicalisation, these articles provide an overview of how situational elements and gradual processes of radicalisation were variously combined with ever-changing objectives and fundamental ideological convictions. Focusing on the developments in Poland, the Soviet Union, Serbia, and France the authors find that heretofore we have actually had very little kwledge of many aspects of this history, particularly with regards to the specific forces that motivated German policy in the individual regions of Central and Eastern Europe. Thus the National-Socialist extermination policy is t seen as a secret undertaking but rather as part of the German conquest and occupation policy in Europe. Ulrich Herbert is Professor of Modern History at the University of Freiburg i. Br.
- Author BiographyUlrich Herbert is Professor of Modern History at the University of Freiburg i. Br.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleWar and Genocide
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byUlrich Herbert
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.