All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe myths and legends in this book have been selected both for their excellence as stories and because they illustrate the distinctive nature of Native American storytelling. This book contains a collection of Native American myths and legends, selected for their excellence as stories, and because they illustrate the distinctive nature of Native American storytelling. The text is drawn from the oral traditions of all major areas of aboriginal North America. The book reveals the highly practical functions of myths and legends in Native American societies, and illustrates American Indians' profound engagement with their natural environment. It is edited by an outstanding interpreter of Native American oral stories.
- Author BiographyKarl Kroeber is Mellon Professor in the Humanities at Columbia University. His previous publications include Ishi in Three Centuries (ed. 2003), Artistry in American Indian Myths (1998), and Ecological Literary Criticism (1994). He is Editor Emeritus of Studies in American Indian Literature.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight374 g
- Width167 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKarl Kroeber
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.