All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionGive your child the gift of early, effortless, and lifelong literacy. Teaching your child to be a native reader is a joyful, creative and social experience. The techniques of native reading structure just a small portion of your child's natural play, but with this structure, they do something wonderful: the fundamental similarity of written and spoken language becomes apparent, even obvious, to a child. Reading is transformed into a spontaneous skill that children acquire effortlessly, as toddlers, in the course of their play. The benefits go far beyond simply reading early. When a child learns to read natively, deep neural connections are made between oral language and the written word. Reading is transformed into a less abstract and more natural skill. It becomes natively kwn, just as the ability to talk is kwn natively. A native reader has a mother tongue t only in the spoken language, but also, deeply, in the written language.
- Author BiographyTimothy D. Kailing was an undergraduate at Earlham College, and received his graduate degree from Princeton University, where he was a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow. Based on his scientific studies, he developed the native-reading techniques while raising his two children, first in central Vermont, and now in southwest Michigan, where he also writes, teaches, and continues his research.
- Author(s)Timothy D Kailing
- Date of Publication05/03/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.