All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionHaving achieved professional success in Barcelona at the expense of family life, best friends Montse and Roser are dissatisfied and sexually frustrated. Over an evening cognac, the two friends hatch a plan to find one of Barcelona's many illegal African immigrants, whom they plan to employ as the object of their sexual desires. When Montse finds Bambara Keita on a park bench at the Plaza de Cataluna, she kw he is the one, and invites him home. Keita's rags-to-riches experience means sacrificing some of his values in order to survive, as the two women take turns hosting -- and hiding -- him at their homes. When Roser is offered an attractive new position in Berlin, Keita is forced to make a difficult decision.
- Author BiographyInongo vi Makome was born in Lobe-Kribi, Cameroon. Educated in Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, and Spain, he has published over ten novels, essay collections, and oral story collections. He lives in Barcelona, where he contributes to several newspapers and devotes himself to writing and storytelling. Michael Ugarte is Middlebush Professor of Romance Languages at the University of Missouri. His publications include Madrid 1900: The Capital as Cradle of Culture and Shifting Ground: Spanish Civil War Exile Literature and a translation of Donato Ndongo's Shadows of Your Black Memory. He lives in Columbia, MO.
- Author(s)Inongo Makome
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight242 g
- Width101 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byMichael Ugarte
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.