All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Chris McDougall stumbled across the story of Churchill's 'dirty tricksters', a motley crew of English poets and academics who helped resist the Nazi invasion of Crete, he knew he was on the track of something special. To beat the odds, the tricksters-starving, aging, outnumbered-tapped into an ancient style of fitness: the lost art of heroism. They listened to their instincts, replaced calories with stored bodily fat and used their fascia, the network of tissue which criss-crosses the body, to catapult themselves to superhuman strength and endurance. Soon McDougall was in the middle of a modern fitness revolution taking place everywhere from Parisian parkour routes to state-of-the-art laboratories, and based on the kw-how of Shanghai street-fighters and Wild West gunslingers. Just as Born to Run got runners off the treadmill and into nature, Natural Born Heroes will inspire casual athletes to dump the gym membership for cross-training, mud runs and free-running.
- Author BiographyChristopher McDougall is a former war correspondent for the Associated Press and author of the international bestseller Born to Run, an anthropological study of endurance, fitness, and what makes ultra-runners tick. He does his own running among the Amish farms around his home in rural Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Christopher McDougall
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Weight294 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.