Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstead of distracting yourself from the birth process... you are fully mindful and wholly engaged during Bradley's method of natural childbirth. -Natural Life magazine The Bradley Method, used and praised by women for more than thirty years, prepares couples for drug- and surgery-free natural childbirth. Many births today are still medicated, forceped, or Caesarean--t natural. The Bradley Method changes all that for couples who wish to give birth in a relaxed, warm, loving environment that maximizes the joy of the birth experience--and puts the mother in control. Certified childbirth educator Susan McCutcheon, one of Dr. Bradley's first students, w makes this natural approach to childbirth more accessible than ever to American women. You will learn: - The crucial differences between the Bradley Method and Lamaze--and why you may end up medicated with the latter- How to choose a doctor who will respect your wishes for natural childbirth- Exercises and nutrition to get your body ready for birthing- How to involve your partner as a birth coach and a fully engaged participant- The truth about episiotomy, Caesarean surgery, and other routine medical interventions that may pose needless risk to your baby Robert Bradley put power in patients' hands, reducing the number of Caesarean sections and episiotomies he performed and playing up natural ways of making childbirth less painful. -Slate The Bradley Method's simple objective, through relaxation, breathing, and visualization, is a birth free of the interventions frequently offered to women in the different stages of childbirth: fetal monitors, drug-induced labor, anesthesia, episiotomy, and Caesarean section. [Its] other defining feature, the husband's active participation in the delivery, is critical to this overall goal of an intervention-free birth. -Mothering magazine
- Author BiographySusan McCutcheon is an award-winning science educator and Certified Childbirth Educator, having studied directly under Dr. Robert Bradley in his first teacher training. She has taught thousands of couples the Bradley Method(R) over 50 years, and is a conference speaker and instructor at teacher training workshops across the U.S. She has served on the Hawaii State Health Plan Development Committee and the Hawaii State Regionalization of Perinatal Care Committee. She is currently teaching the Bradley Method(R) in Portland, Oregon, and is an active Certified Doula. She's had three natural births herself, using what she teaches others: the incredibly effective Bradley Method(R) techniques!
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1998
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Out-of-print date19/08/2009
- Weight476 g
- Width229 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.