All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume developed from a Workshop on Natural Locomotion in Fluids and on Surfaces: Swimming, Flying, and Sliding which was held at the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) at the University of Minnesota, from June 1-5, 2010. The subject matter ranged widely from observational data to theoretical mechanics, and reflected the broad scope of the workshop. In both the prepared presentations and in the informal discussions, the workshop engaged exchanges across disciplines and invited a lively interaction between modelers and observers. The articles in this volume were invited and fully refereed. They provide a representative if necessarily incomplete account of the field of natural locomotion during a period of rapid growth and expansion. The papers presented at the workshop, and the contributions to the present volume, can be roughly divided into those pertaining to swimming on the scale of marine organisms, swimming of microorganisms at low Reylds numbers, animal flight, and sliding and other related examples of locomotion.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/08/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number155
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight660 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnette Hosoi,Stephen Childress,William W. Schultz,Z. Jane Wang
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.