All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIn the search for sustainable materials, natural polymers present an attractive alternative for many applications compared to their synthetic counterparts derived from petrochemicals. The two volume set, Natural Polymers, covers the synthesis, characterisation and applications of key natural polymeric systems including their morphology, structure, dynamics and properties. Volume one focuses on natural polymer composites, including both natural and protein fibres, and volume two on natural polymer nacomposites. The first volume examines the characterization, life cycle assessment and new sources of natural fibres and their potential as a replacement for synthetic fibres in industrial applications. It then explores the important advancements in the field of wool, silk, spidersilk and mussel byssus fibres. The second volume looks at the properties and characterization of cellulose, chitosan, furanic, starch, wool and silk nacomposites and the potential industrial applications of natural polymer nacomposites. With contributions from leading researchers in natural polymers from around the globe, Natural Polymers provides a valuable reference for material scientists, polymer chemists and polymer engineers.
- Author BiographyMaya Jacob John is senior researcher at Polymers and Composites Competence Area at Materials Science and Manufacturing, CSIR, South Africa. She completed her Ph.D from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India. Dr. John's primary research interests are in lignocellulosic fiber reinforced composites and in biocomposites. She has published more than 30 articles in international peer-reviewed journals, contributed more than 10 book chapters in her field of interest and is co-editor of one book. Sabu Thomas is professor at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India. He received Ph.D from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and a B.Tech in Polymer Science and Technology from Cochin University. Prof. Thomas has gained additional experience as a visiting professor at a number of universities around the world. A Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a member of the American Chemical Society, his research has led to the publication of some 360 articles in international peer reviewed journals, several book chapters and patents. The co-editor of four books, he has been a visiting professor and lecturer at some of the world's leading polymer research laboratories.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry Series
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Weight780 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMaya J. John,Sabu Thomas
- Series Edited byJames H. Clark,George A. Kraus
- Contained items statementContains Hardback
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.