All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have ADHD, you may find it hard to stay focused on one thing and have trouble with time management and organization. You may also act on impulse-often with negative results. Whether you're in treatment, on medication, or are looking for alternative ways to get your symptoms under control, this book will provide you with sound, complementary strategies to increase your focus, get organized, and stay motivated. In the book, you'll find a ton of information how to manage your ADHD, such as body awareness techniques to prevent sensory overstimulation common in ADHD; working memory training; massage, acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic treatment; how food additives can affect ADHD symptoms, particularly certain pesticides; how to incorporate organic food into the diet while on a budget; and much, much more. If you are looking for proven-effective alternative treatments to get your ADHD under control and take back your life, this book will be your go-to guide.
- Author BiographyStephanie Moulton Sarkis, PhD, is adjunct assistant professor at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL, and author of 10 Simple Solutions to Adult ADD, Making the Grade with ADD, and ADD and Your Money. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed mental health counselor, and has a private counseling practice where she specializes in ADD/ADHD counseling and coaching. Sarkis won the American Psychological Association Outstanding Dissertation Award in 2001, and has been published in the Journal of Attention Disorders. She has made media appearances on CNN's Health Minute, Fox News, ABC News, Sirius Satellite Radio, First Business Television, and numerous other networks and stations. She was also featured in the book The Gift of Adult ADD.
- Author(s)Stephanie Moulton Sarkis
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight308 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.