All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides one of the first detailed examinations of the problems of nature-based tourism development in peripheral areas. A diverse range of environments is used to illustrate the challenges and difficulties of managing nature-based tourism resources. A central theme throughout the book is the degree of opportunity that nature-based tourism provides as the basis for peripheral region development.
- Author BiographyC. Michael Hall is Professor of Tourism at the University of Otago, New Zealand and Honorary Professor, University of Stirling, Scotland. He is also co-editor of Current Issues in Tourism and has written widely on tourism, environmental history and contemporary mobility issues. Stephen Boyd, previously at the University of Otago, New Zealand, is now Professor of Tourism in the School of Hotel, Leisure and Tourism, at the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland. His research interests include heritage, communities, partnership, planning and management. His most recent co-authored book is Heritage Tourism.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.21
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight445 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byC. Michael Hall,Stephen W. Boyd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.