All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis field guide dedicated to wildlife of Yosemite National Park is an information-packed, pocket-sized book that introduces park visitors to the animals, plants, insects and more that reside in Yosemite National Park in a colorful and portable package. Published in cooperation with Yosemite Conservancy, this Nature Guide to Yosemite National Park contains full-color photos and easy-to-understand descriptions. Here is the perfect companion guide for the 4 million visitors who travel to Yosemite National Park every year.
- Author BiographyAs professional photographers, biologists and authors, Ann and Rob Simpson are noted national park experts, having spent years involved with research and interpretation in the national parks. Long known for their stunning images of the natural world, their work has been widely published in magazines such as National Geographic, Time Magazine, National Wildlife and Ranger Rick as well as many calendars, postcards, and books, including Birds of Shenandoah National Park. Their photography business, Simpson's Nature Photography, keeps their staff busy with photo requests from agents around the world. Their work can be seen at www.agpix.com/snphotos. The Simpsons are regular contributors to the American Park Network publications that share information about National Parks across the country. They have led Canon Photography in the Parks workshops in major national parks including Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite and Great Smokies. They have also been judges for Canon's Photography in the Parks national photo contest. Their most recent national park books include Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks Pocket Guide, Yellowstone National Park Pocket Guide, Yosemite National Park Guide, Born Wild in the Smokies, Born Wild in Shenandoah and Shenandoah National Park Simply Beautiful and an iPod book on Shenandoah National Park. As a former chief of interpretation and national park board member, Rob has a unique understanding of the inner working of the national park system. As an education specialist, Ann's role as head of their college science department has augmented her ability to communicate easily with others. The couple resides in Stephens City, Virginia.
- Author(s)Ann Simpson,Rob Simpson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleNature Guides to National Parks Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight16 g
- Width109 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.