CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionNature and Mortality is a challenging look at some of the major public issues of our time through the eyes of one of our most influential and probing writers. Mary Warck, a professional philosopher, gives a frank account on where we stand today on such disturbing matters as human embryology, genetic engineering, euthanasia and abortion. Governments of both parties have long regarded Warck as an expert on a wide range of issues on the border between ethics and law and she is considered an ideal person to guide and assist other experts. Although Warck's views may be shocking to some, her contribution to the debate is always stimulating. Here, her views on weighty ethical issues are set in the context of her own experience of writing reports on them. The framework of her book is autobiographical and therefore highly personal. Nature and Mortality is Warck at her most perceptive, wise and entertaining.
- Author BiographyWarnock is a philosopher and was philosophy tutor at St Hugh's College, Oxford for many years. She was created a life peer by Mrs Thatcher. She is the author of several books, including An Intelligent Person's Guide to Ethics.
- Author(s)Mary Warnock
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/04/2004
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Out-of-print date15/10/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.