All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to present the works of one of India's most interesting figurative artists. Born in India in 1934, Bhavsar moved to the U.S. in the early 1960s, where he became an influential member of the New York School of Colorists through his use of thrown and sifted pigment. Bhavsar's monumental works are created using dry pigment released onto the canvas in patterns that parallel the movements of the artist's body as he works.
- Author BiographyMarius Kwint is a lecturer at the University of Oxford. He taught media and cultural studies at Southampton Institute before becoming a research fellow at the Victoria and Albert Museum and Royal College of Art in London. Irving Sandler, Professor of Art History at the State University of New York at Purchase since 1976; he is a former board member of the College Art Associations.
- Author(s)Irving Sandler,Marius Kwint
- Date of Publication23/03/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note100 illustrations, 80 in colour
- Weight1550 g
- Width278 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.