All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionWhat was Earth called before Terra, Erda, and Bhoomi? What if there were civilizations more ancient and intelligent before the ones we have unearthed? Debutant author D. R. Nayak takes you on a journey to a mythical world Naurag, of mighty kingdoms in deep sea and land, ferocious beasts, and spell weavers. An orphan child Kahl, is adopted by the King of Naurag. Despite the prophesy, that an orphan would bring forth an evil unlike any that Naurag has witnessed, the King decides to give young Kahl a chance to prove himself. He appoints the royal teacher Ra Da Ur with the task of caring for the young orphan. Kahl grows up very bitter and blames the immortal Sauragians whose prophesy cursed him to the life of isolation. When he returns to the palace, he tries to nurture the same thoughts in his young sister Ujjala and brother Ural. Fearing for the children's future, the King sends the young princess and prince to Ra Da Ur. Under the care of the royal teacher, young Ujjala learns about the terrible prophesy and is urged to seek the help of the immortal Sauragians. Helped by her friends Torak, Mitra, Anguly and her brother Ural; Ujjala ventures on a perilous journey through the swamps of Gari and valleys of Mardrid to reach the gates of hope. Crossing the gates of hope, Ujjala enters Saurag the land of immortals. When Ujjala returns with the immortals, the games of death are anunced on Naurag where Ujjala realizes that she has been selected as one of competitors in the games. Each task revealed in the games uncovers new fears and uncertainties that Ujjala has to overcome. But this time a chilling task has revealed itself in the scroll. The guardian of the scroll was found mysteriously dead and Ujjala has been assigned to complete a task that student has ever attempted. An evil that was destroyed was being revived. Who was doing this? And how did this terrible catastrophe happen? The first of a thrilling trilogy, Naurag is a visually rich and enthralling story of two children growing together facing similar challenges, kwing the terrible prophesy looming over them and how each of them chose their path, and how this choice shapes their destiny.
- Author BiographyDivya Nayak was born in India in 1972 and grew up in southern India. She was educated in St Teresa's Convent where she was elected the Head Girl representing her School in Grade 10, and later on completed her University graduating in Mathematics and Science. She took a lot of interest in arts representing her school in eastern and western music as well as drama and plays. She also used to write and sketch stories to entertain her family and friends. Divya married in 1993 and moved to Mumbai where she worked for a while as a teacher. She had her first child and decided to move to Canada in 1997. After working for 10 years, Divya decided to take up writing which she used to dream about and dared herself to finally publish her work. Her interest in different cultures, legends and myths prompted her to write her first book Naurag where Ujjala a young princess and her friends battle to survive and save their dying world. The characters, settings and their attire were inspired by some of the ruins she visited during her travels. Divya lives in Toronto with her husband, two children, and a German Sheppard.
- Author(s)D R Nayak
- Date of Publication20/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.