All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionNaval Warfare 1919-45 is a comprehensive history of the war at sea from the end of the Great War to the end of World War Two. Showing the bewildering nature and complexity of the war facing those charged with fighting it around the world, this book ranges far and wide: sweeping across all naval theatres and those powers performing major, as well as mir, roles within them. Armed with the latest material from an extensive set of sources, Malcolm H. Murfett has written an absorbing as well as a comprehensive reference work. He demonstrates that superior equipment and the best intelligence, omius power and systematic planning, vast finance and suitable training are often simply t eugh in themselves to guarantee the successful outcome of a particular encounter at sea. Sometimes the narrow difference between victory and defeat hinges on those infinite variables: the individual's performance under acute pressure and sheer luck. Naval Warfare 1919-45 is an analytical and interpretive study which is an accessible and fascinating read both for students and for interested members of the general public.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Murfett is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and the author of a number of works on naval themes, including Fool-proof Relations: The Search for Anglo-American Naval cooperation in the Chamberlain Years, 1937-40 (1985), Hostage on the Yangtze: Britain, China and the Amethyst Crisis of 1949 (1991), and the co-written Between Two Oceans: A Military History of Singapore from First Settlement to Final British withdrawal . He is also the editor of The First Sea Lords (1999).
- Author(s)Malcolm H. Murfett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations
- Weight1088 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.