All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionAre you considering or already training to become a teacher? Do you want to kw more about the variety of types of training on offer? Do you need reassurance that you are on the right path? Or would you just like to see how others cope with their teacher training? If so, this lively book, built on the experience of thousands of people just like you, is exactly what you need. Written by experts with backgrounds in teaching, supporting teacher learning and researching teacher training, and based on a major study of nearly 5,000 beginner teachers, it provides an authentic insight into what lies ahead when becoming a teacher. The book, which incorporates extensive conversations with large numbers of student and newly qualified teachers, will also serve as the ideal course companion when undertaking your Initial Teacher Training programme. It includes practical ideas and strategies for coping with various aspects of life as a student teacher, for example, dealing with pupil behaviour, building and managing relationships with mentors and other teachers in schools, and finding and obtaining a first teaching post.
- Author BiographyAndrew J. Hobson is Associate Professor in the Teacher and Leadership Research Centre (TLRC) in the School of Education at the University of Nottingham. He has previously worked as a teacher and as a Senior Research Officer at the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER). Angi Malderez is an Education Consultant, prior to which she was Senior Lecturer in the School of Education at the University of Leeds. She has worked as a teacher, a teacher of teachers (ToT) and a teacher of ToTs in the UK, Asia, South America, Africa and Europe. Louise Tracey is a Research Fellow at the Institute for Effective Education at the University of York. Prior to this she has worked as a researcher at the University of Nottingham and the University of Liverpool.
- Author(s)Andrew J. Hobson,Angi Malderez,Louise Tracey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight226 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.