All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNavigate a racing yacht, using traditional methods and electronic aids. Also covers strategy, tactics and performance monitoring. Navigation on board racing and cruising yachts has changed considerably in recent years. As the title suggests, this book by Stuart Quarrie covers all aspects of a fascinating subject. The layout makes it simple to extract information, while both the text and line diagrams explain a complex subject in easy-to-understand diagrams. Anyone who is interested in navigation or tactics should have a copy whether or not they are 'the navigator' on a yacht. Although aimed primarily at the racing yachtsman, there is plenty which is applicable to the cruising sailor, especially the areas dealing with overall strategy and planning which are just as relevant whether cruising or racing.
- Author BiographyStuart Quarrie has been sailing all his life; he was Chief Instructor at the National Sailing Centre at Cowes on the Isle of Wight for several years and ran his own internationally renowned racing school from 1987 to 1990. He has sailed and raced on numerous yachts of all sizes as navigator, skipper or instructor and loves nothing better than helping others to get more out of their sailing. Successful campaigns have included The Admiral's Cup and Ton Cups as well as Swan regattas and club racing. This wealth of experience leaves him uniquely suited to write a book of this type. He currently apportions his time between regatta sailing, coaching racing crews and writing. When not sailing for work, he races locally with friends and cruises with his family; thus his whole life revolves around sailing and racing.
- Author(s)Stuart Quarrie
- PublisherFernhurst Books Limited
- Date of Publication15/02/1995
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationArundel
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFernhurst Books
- Content Note162ill.
- Weight474 g
- Width158 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.