All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Beacon Bible Commentary is an engaging, indispensable reference tool to aid individuals in every walk of life in the study and meditation of God's Word. Written from the Wesleyan theological perspective, it offers insight and perceptive scholarship to help you unlock the deeper truths of Scripture and garner an awareness of the history, culture, and context attributed to each book of study. Readable, relevant, and academically thorough, it offers scholars, pastors, and laity a new standard for understanding and interpreting the Bible in the 21st century.Each volume features: Completely New Scholarship from table experts in the Wesleyan traditionConvenient Introductory Material for each book of the Bible including information on authorship, date, history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, hermeneutical issues, and moreClear Verse-by-Verse Explanations, which offer a contemporary, Wesleyan-based understanding derived from the passage's original languageComprehensive Antation divided into three sections, which cover background elements behind the text; verse-by-verse details and meanings found in the text; and significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application from the textHelpful Sidebars, which provide deeper insight into theological issues, word meanings, archeological connections, historical relevance, cultural customs, and moreExpanded Bibliography for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themesThis letter claims the apostle Paul wrote it. No serious contemorary scholar questions that claim. In fact, most appeal to Galations to assess the authenticity of the other Pauline letters. It remains uncertain what influence Paul's anymous co-senders may also have had on the letter's composition.
- Author BiographyGeorge Lyons has been Professor of New Testament at Northwest Nazarene since 1991, after teaching 14 years at Olivet Nazarene University. He has also served as a visiting professor at Nazarene Theological Seminary, Point Loma Nazarene University, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Nazarene Theological College (Brisbane, Australia and Manchester, England), Southeast Asia Nazarene Bible College (Bangkok, Thailand) and European Nazarene College (B?singen, Germany and extensions in Razgrad, Bulgaria; Lisbon, Portugal; and Montpelier and Paris, France). He has also taught in China.He is a past president of the Wesleyan Theological Society and a member of the Society of Biblical Literature. He holds degrees from Olivet Nazarene University and Nazarene Theological Seminary as well as a PhD, from Emory University.
- Author(s)Consultant of Obstetric Anaesthetist George Lyons
- PublisherBeacon Hill Press of Kansas City
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleNew Beacon Bible Commentary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Hill Press of Kansas City
- Weight617 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.