Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free Eating: A Fresh Approach to Cooking and Living Without Wheat or Gluten by Jules E D Shepard (Paperback / softback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJules' first cookbook has been universally loved by the gluten-free community for years. One reader review summarizes these simple, family-friendly, -nsense and delicious recipes: This cookbook is a breath of fresh air for me and for my family! The recipes are clear, realistic, and uncomplicated. No weird ingredients to chase after. And her flour mixture makes recipes taste rmal. It's been fun to try new things, and my friends have loved making recipes we can all enjoy.
- Author BiographyJules Shepard didn't set out to lead, inspire and advocate for the gluten-free community. But to anyone who knows her, it's no surprise she does. As a celiac diagnosed in 1999, and as an indomitable perfectionist with a penchant for equality and fairness, this former attorney was simply unwilling to accept the dry, gritty, vacuous foods that were the norm then. Two years in her kitchen, and Jules had perfected an all-purpose flour blend that enabled her to continue her passion for baking. As word spread of her amazing flour, people begged her to produce it commercially. Ever the accommodating Southerner, she did. But as the gluten-free community burgeoned, so did the need for accurate information, advocacy and leadership. So in addition to running her flour company and authoring, to date, three highly regarded books, Jules took to the road. Jules logs tens of thousands of miles a year speaking to, teaching and encouraging gluten-free consumer and trade gatherings. When the FDA appeared stuck in neutral regarding long-overdue gluten-free food labeling regulations, Jules brought the gluten-free community together and built an 11-foot-tall, one-ton gluten-free cake to get the FDA's attention. The FDA not only attended the event, but promised to front-burner the legislation, which it has. This mother of two also hosts a weekly radio show, personally pens one of the community's most active blogs, oversees the Gluten Free Cookie Swap and moderates her FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram presences. She rarely sleeps.
- Author(s)Jules E D Shepard
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication27/10/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.