All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeedle in the Bone highlights the astonishing stories of two Poles - a Holocaust survivor, Lou Frydman, and a Polish resistance fighter, Jarek Piekalkewicz. As mere teenagers during World War II, they defied daunting odds, lost everything and nearly everyone in the war, and yet summoned the courage to start new lives in the United States. Needle in the Bone offers a unique insight into the Holocaust and the Polish Resistance by entwining the stories of these two survivors. By blending extensive interviews with Frydman and Piekalkewicz, historical research, and the author's own responses and questions, this book provides a unique perspective on still-compelling issues, including the meaning of the Holocaust, the nature of good and evil, and how people persevere in the face of unbearable pain and loss.
- Author(s)Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note24 b&w photos
- Width228 mm
- Height152 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.