All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIn India--where it has been used for more than 4,000 years--the neem tree has such a variety of medical applications that it is sometimes referred to as the village pharmacy. Now modern research is proving what has been long kwn by Ayurvedic medicine practitioners: neem is one of the most effective plant medicines in the world. An extremely powerful blood purifying agent and detoxicant, neem is also effective in the treatment of fever, malaria, skin diseases, dental problems, diabetes, tumors, arthritis, and jaundice. It has gained particular attention from scientists seeking a cure for AIDS, t only for its antiviral properties, but also because it boosts the immune system on all levels without destroying beneficial bacteria, unlike synthetic antibiotics. In addition to its numerous uses as a healing agent, neem has been receiving much attention for the ecological benefits it provides. For centuries Indians have been mixing neem leaves with stored grains to prevent insect infestation. But neem is t simply a natural alternative to pesticides; increasingly it is being used to reverse desertification and to reduce erosion and deforestation, making it an important weapon in the fight against global warming. Neem's many practical applications make it of ermous interest to anyone concerned about health and ecology. Included are recipes and practical tips that let you enjoy the many benefits of this miraculous plant.
- Author BiographyEllen Norten is a journalist who has written for both television and the news media. She lives in Germany.
- Author(s)Ellen Morten
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication21/01/2000
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note21ill.
- Weight300 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementEnglish language ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.