All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionStraightforward histories of post-revolution States have all too often failed to provide sufficient context to rescue revolution, both as concept and practice, from the misplaced triumphalism of the contemporary world. In Negotiated Revolutions George Lawson marks a definitive departure in the study of radical political and socio-ecomic change, presenting a unique comparative analysis of three transformations from authoritarian rule to market democracy. Through the lens of international sociology the book critically considers the large scale processes of social and political revolution, bringing three apparently distinct transformations, from seemingly disparate authoritarian regimes and geographies, under a common rubric. With unique and vel conceptual analysis the book accurately locates both the potential and actuality of radical change in contemporary world affairs, processes usually mistakenly subsumed under the general framework of 'transitology'.
- Author BiographyDr George Lawson is a Tutorial Fellow in the Department of International Relations at The London School of Economics, UK.
- Author(s)George Lawson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2004
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight565 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.