All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about state socialism, t as a political system, but as an ecosystem of interactions between the state and the citizens it sought to control. It includes case studies that demonstrate how the major ideological principles of socialism translated into motives guiding people's lives. This unique post-revisionist study focuses on people's lives and experiences rather than political systems. The studies are grouped around three common elements-socialist labour, the new socialist man, and the socialist way of life. Using first-hand accounts, the authors find minute deviations from the rms that eventually lead to renegotiation of the rms themselves. Focusing on routines, t extremes, they present socialism in its rmal state. The volume demonstrates different national strategies for dealing with the past in the post-socialist world. Studies of the socialist past may strive to be objective, but their messages tend to be complex. Rather than arriving at one truth about the nature of socialism, this volume explores the many ways people have survived the system.
- Author BiographyDaniela Koleva is associate professor at the department of history and theory of culture, St. Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia, Bulgaria. Her work is widely published in international journals and collective volumes. Additionally, she has written two books in Bulgarian and has edited volumes in Bulgarian and English.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleMemory and Narrative
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDaniela Koleva
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.