All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a critical examination of the modern Homeowners Association movement, and how it has robbed 62 million Americans of their civil rights as outlined in the U.S. Constitution. Home-owners often move into these planned communities and unwittingly sign documents that control their behaviour in a multitude of ways. Failing to abide by these 'personality and private behaviour' controls has cost thousands of home-owners their homes, their life savings and their peace of mind. While HOAs were theoretically created to protect property values, there is incredible incentive for HOA board officers to go rogue and unnecessarily abuse fellow home-owners. When that happens, neighbourhoods are torn apart, property values plummet and lives are ruined. Ather national scandal is the amount of financial corruption of HOA board members. In one American city, federal indictments of dozens of well-kwn public figures show what happens when HOAs go out of control.
- Author BiographyWard Lucas, has spent 40 years in investigative journalism and has won more than 70 journalism and civic awards for his Treporting, TV news anchoring and writing. From organized crime to wiretapping, to professional arson, Lucas has seen it all. In his new book, Neighbors At War, he presents startling information about how the modern Homeowners Association Movement is impacting Americans. Ward has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He began his broadcasting career at the age of 16 hosting radio talk shows in Seattle, Washington. In 1973 he made the move into television broadcasting, first at KIRO-TV in Seattle and then at KUSA-TV in Denver Colorado. His investigative reporting has often stirred national controversy and has earned him numerous Emmy Awards, the George Polk Award, and the Responsibility in Journalism Award by the Committee for Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP). In 1993, Ward joined ranks with eight nationally known Professors and journalists in the book, Psychic Sleuths, (Prometheus Press) which exposed and critiqued the use of psychics by police departments across the country.
- Author(s)Ward Lucas
- PublisherHogback Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLakewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHogback Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.