All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionAlice Charles has just moved to Montreal to go to McGill University. She's never had a boyfriend and doesn't kw how to do laundry. She joins the Film Society and hangs out in the library. She drifts away from boring Bethany, her best friend from high school, and starts to trail after Allegra, the caffeine-addicted, dish-throwing artist in the dorm room next to hers. And, most of all, she thinks about how she's still a virgin and how she'll never figure it all out. And then she meets Nellcott Ragland, a 23-year-old who works at Basement Records and wears black eyeliner, and he asks her on a date. Alice tries to hide out in the Film Society office. She spies on Nellcott at the record store. She gets advice from Walker, her filmmaking, womanizing friend from Toronto. But sooner or later her parents are going to visit and watch her cry. She won't admit it to them, but Nellcott has become her darling.
- Author BiographyGolda Fried grew up in Toronto and then went to university in Montreal where she wrote poetry and was involved in spoken-word events like the Lollapalooza festival in 1994. Her collection of stories, Darkness Then a Blown Kiss, was published in 1998 and was listed as one of the ten best books of the year by NOW Magazine. She has been teaching freshman composition for the last three years in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Golda Fried
- PublisherCoach House Books
- Date of Publication28/06/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCoach House Books
- Weight257 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.