All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThese seven tales are the traditional teaching stories of Nenapohs, the Saulteaux culture hero and trickster. Oral in origin, they have been passed on through generations by the traditional teachers, the Elders. For the first time, they are published and made available in Nahkawewin or Saulteaux, the westernmost dialect of the Ojibwe language. Each story is illustrated and is presented in both Standard Roman Orthography and syllabics, with English translation. The book also includes a pronunciation guide and a Saulteaux-to-English glossary.
- Author BiographyMargaret Cote was the first person in Saskatchewan to teach a First Nations language in a public school. She enjoyed a diverse work experience before her employment with the Indian Language Program of the Saskatchewan Indian Cultural College (1979), where she assisted in developing the Saulteaux language curriculum guides. After teaching at Brandon University and at the Kamsack Junior High School, Cote joined the First Nations University of Canada. Her publications include Nahkawewin Saulteaux, Ojibway Dialect of the Plains (1984), Nahkawewin Workbook, a Saulteaux Syllabics Book, sixteen children's books (entitled Saulteaux Talking Books), and a songbook (Anihsinape-Apinoci Nakamowinan: Children's Saulteaux Songs and Nursery Rhymes). Cote has translated stories for Pebble Beac Interactive Fiction Inc. (Saskatchewan Education), and aided by her parents has recorded lessons from Nahkawewin in Saulteaux and written First Edition Saulteaux Dictionary.
- Author(s)Arok Wolvengrey,Lynn Cote
- PublisherUniversity of Regina Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- LanguageEnglish & North American Indian (Other)
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRegina
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Regina Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight180 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.