All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $21.35Free postage
- AU $26.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis treasury of recipes from the members of the Association of Nepalis in the Americas represents the best of authentic Nepali cuisine. From festival dishes to simple everyday favorites the recipes included here reflect the many facets of Nepal's colorful and diverse cultures. Nepali food, which is simple to prepare and subtle in flavor, is influenced by the cuisines of both India and Tibet. Here are recipes for all the elements of a full-course Nepali meal; appetizers, soups and lentils, vegetables, meats, pickles and chutneys, rice and breads, and desserts. The most commonly used flavorings include cumin, red and green chilies, garlic, ginger, Szechwan pepper, cilantro, and scallions. Special cooking methods and ingredients unfamiliar to a Western audience are fully explained.
- Author BiographyThe Association of the Nepalis in the Americas promotes preservation of Nepali identity and culture in the Americas and fosters cordial relations among Nepalis and Americans.
- Author(s)Association of Nepalis in the Americas
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/01/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSnow Lion Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.