Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to provide an introduction to the new theory of Net Locality and the profound effect on individuals and societies when everything is located or locatable. Describes net locality as an emerging form of location awareness central to all aspects of digital media, from mobile phones, to Google Maps, to location-based social networks and games, such as Foursquare and facebook. Warns of the threats these techlogies, such as data surveillance, present to our sense of privacy, while also outlining the opportunities for pro-social developments. Provides a theory of the web in the context of the history of emerging techlogies, from GeoCities to GPS, Wi-Fi, Wiki Me, and Google Android.
- Author BiographyEric Gordon is Associate Professor of New Media at Emerson College in Boston. He is the author of The Urban Spectator: American Concept-cities from Kodak to Google (2010) and he is the director of the Engagement Game Lab, where he designs and studies digital games that enhance local civic engagement. Adriana de Souza e Silva is Associate Professor at the IT University of Copenhagen in the Design, Culture, Mobility, and Communication (DCMC) research group, and Associate Professor of Communication at North Carolina State University. She is the co-editor (with Daniel M. Sutko) of the book Digital Cityscapes: Merging Digital and Urban Playspaces (2009) and affiliated faculty with the NCSU Digital Games Research Center.
- Author(s)Adriana de Souza e Silva,Eric Gordon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight472 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.