All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNetting had its origins in prehistoric times with the invention of fishing nets, and later became one of the very earliest forms of lace. Its use was widespread as the base for filet lace. Many of today's filet lacemakers use machine-made net as the base for their work, but Margaret Morgan found herself challenged by the need for netting in sizes and colours that were t commercially available, and discovered the techniques hidden in old source material. In NETTED LACE, EXQUISITE PATTERNS & PRACTICAL TECHNIQUES she presents the simple equipment and techniques required to make your own netting, with detailed illustrated instructions for netting backgrounds in a variety of sizes and shapes, and numerous edgings. There are patterns for round, rectangular and oval table mats, table centres and doilies of netted lace, many of which can be embroidered in linen stitch. Margaret's experimentation has also led to patterns for attractive scarves and shawls made with heavier yarns and larger needles, using basic netting techniques, and for miniature items which could be used in a doll's house, made with very fine threads and smaller needles - more than forty patterns overall. Margaret hopes that this book will capture your imagination and that you too will enjoy experimenting with netting.
- Author BiographyMargaret Morgan has long been fascinated by the techniques of filet lace, and its long history. She has presented numerous workshops to members of Lace and Embroiderers' Guilds. The lessons in this book are based on those workshops.
- Author(s)Margaret Morgan
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBowral
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Notecolour throughout
- Weight408 g
- Width185 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.