All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWith the rapid rise in the ubiquity and sophistication of Internet techlogy and the accompanying growth in the number of network attacks, network intrusion detection has become increasingly important. Amaly-based network intrusion detection refers to finding exceptional or nconforming patterns in network traffic data compared to rmal behavior. Finding these amalies has extensive applications in areas such as cyber security, credit card and insurance fraud detection, and military surveillance for enemy activities. Network Amaly Detection: A Machine Learning Perspective presents machine learning techniques in depth to help you more effectively detect and counter network intrusion. In this book, you'll learn about: * Network amalies and vulnerabilities at various layers * The pros and cons of various machine learning techniques and algorithms * A taxomy of attacks based on their characteristics and behavior * Feature selection algorithms * How to assess the accuracy, performance, completeness, timeliness, stability, interoperability, reliability, and other dynamic aspects of a network amaly detection system * Practical tools for launching attacks, capturing packet or flow traffic, extracting features, detecting attacks, and evaluating detection performance * Important unresolved issues and research challenges that need to be overcome to provide better protection for networks Examining numerous attacks in detail, the authors look at the tools that intruders use and show how to use this kwledge to protect networks. The book also provides material for hands-on development, so that you can code on a testbed to implement detection methods toward the development of your own intrusion detection system. It offers a thorough introduction to the state of the art in network amaly detection using machine learning approaches and systems.
- Author BiographyDhruba Kumar Bhattacharyya is a professor in computer science and engineering at Tezpur University. Professor Bhattacharyya's research areas include network security, data mining, and bioinformatics. He has published more than 180 research articles in leading international journals and peer-reviewed conference proceedings. Dr. Bhattacharyya has written or edited seven technical books in English and two technical reference books in Assamese. He is on the editorial board of several international journals and has also been associated with several international conferences. For more about Dr. Bhattacharyya, see his profile at Tezpur University. Jugal Kumar Kalita teaches computer science at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. His expertise is in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine learning, and the application of techniques in machine learning to network security, natural language processing, and bioinformatics. He has published 115 papers in journals and refereed conferences, and is the author of a book on Perl. He received the Chancellor's Award at the University of Colorado in 2011, in recognition of lifelong excellence in teaching, research, and service. For more about Dr. Kalita, see his profile at the University of Colorado.
- Author(s)Dhruba Kumar Bhattacharyya,Jugal Kumar Kalita
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note71 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.