All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive treatment of network information theory and its applications provides the first unified coverage of both classical and recent results. With an approach that balances the introduction of new models and new coding techniques, readers are guided through Shann's point-to-point information theory, single-hop networks, multihop networks, and extensions to distributed computing, secrecy, wireless communication, and networking. Elementary mathematical tools and techniques are used throughout, requiring only basic kwledge of probability, whilst unified proofs of coding theorems are based on a few simple lemmas, making the text accessible to newcomers. Key topics covered include successive cancellation and superposition coding, MIMO wireless communication, network coding, and cooperative relaying. Also covered are feedback and interactive communication, capacity approximations and scaling laws, and asynchrous and random access channels. This book is ideal for use in the classroom, for self-study, and as a reference for researchers and engineers in industry and academia.
- Author BiographyAbbas El Gamal is the Hitachi America Chaired Professor in the School of Engineering and the Chair of the Department of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University. In the field of network information theory, he is best known for his seminal contributions to the relay, broadcast, and interference channels; multiple description coding; coding for noisy networks; and energy-efficient packet scheduling and throughput-delay tradeoffs in wireless networks. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and the winner of the 2012 Claude E. Shannon Award, the highest honor in the field of information theory. Young-Han Kim is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California, San Diego. His research focuses on information theory and statistical signal processing. He is a recipient of the 2012 IEEE Information Theory Paper Award and the 2008 NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award.
- Author(s)Abbas El Gamal,Young-Han Kim
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note242 b/w illus. 15 tables 273 exercises
- Weight1330 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.