All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNetworks are everywhere, from the Internet, to social networks, and the genetic networks that determine our biological existence. Illustrated throughout in full colour, this pioneering textbook, spanning a wide range of topics from physics to computer science, engineering, ecomics and the social sciences, introduces network science to an interdisciplinary audience. From the origins of the six degrees of separation to explaining why networks are robust to random failures, the author explores how viruses like Ebola and H1N1 spread, and why it is that our friends have more friends than we do. Using numerous real-world examples, this invatively designed text includes clear delineation between undergraduate and graduate level material. The mathematical formulas and derivations are included within Advanced Topics sections, enabling use at a range of levels. Extensive online resources, including films and software for network analysis, make this a multifaceted companion for anyone with an interest in network science.
- Author BiographyAlbert-Laszlo Barabasi is Robert Gray Dodge Professor of Network Science and Director of the Center for Complex Network Research at Northeastern University, with appointments at Harvard Medical School and the Central European University in Budapest. His work in network science has led to the discovery of scale-free networks and elucidated many key network properties, from robustness to control. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society, the AAAS (Physics) and the Massachusetts Academy of Sciences, and is a recipient of numerous international awards.
- Author(s)Albert-Laszlo Barabasi
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note371 colour illus. 12 tables 30 exercises
- Weight1170 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.