All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Internet and digital media have become conduits and locales where millions of Chinese share information and engage in creative expression and social participation. This book takes a cutting-edge look at the impacts and implications of an increasingly networked China. Eleven chapters cover the terrain of a complex social and political environment, revealing how modern China deals with digital media and issues of censorship, online activism, civic life, and global networks. The authors in this collection come from diverse geographical backgrounds and employ methods including ethgraphy, interview, survey, and digital trace data to reveal the networks that provide the critical components for civic engagement in Chinese society. The Chinese state is a changing, multi-faceted entity, as is the Chinese public that interacts with the new landscape of digital media in adaptive and vel ways. Networked China: Global Dynamics of Digital Media and Civic Engagement situates Chinese internet in its complex, generational context to provide a full and dynamic understanding of contemporary digital media use in China. This volume gives readers new agendas for this study and creates vital new signposts on the way for future research. .
- Author BiographyWenhong Chen is an assistant professor of media studies at the University of Texas Austin where she studies implications of digital media and communication technologies. Stephen D. Reese is professor of Journalism and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs for the College of Communication at the University of Texas Austin.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNew Agendas in Communication Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byStephen D. Reese,Wenhong Chen
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.