All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionSecurity is the science and techlogy of secure communications and resource protection from security violation such as unauthorized access and modification. Putting proper security in place gives us many advantages. It lets us exchange confidential information and keep it confidential. We can be sure that a piece of information received has t been changed. Nobody can deny sending or receiving a piece of information. We can control which piece of information can be accessed, and by whom. We can kw when a piece of information was accessed, and by whom. Networks and databases are guarded against unauthorized access. We have seen the rapid development of the Internet and also increasing security requirements in information networks, databases, systems, and other information resources. This comprehensive book responds to increasing security needs in the marketplace, and covers networking security and standards. There are three types of readers who are interested in security: n-technical readers, general technical readers who do t implement security, and technical readers who actually implement security. This book serves all three by providing a comprehensive explanation of fundamental issues of networking security, concept and principle of security standards, and a description of some emerging security techlogies. The approach is to answer the following questions: 1. What are common security problems and how can we address them? 2. What are the algorithms, standards, and techlogies that can solve common security problems? 3.
- Author(s)Weidong Kou
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number394
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight355 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.