All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe music industry is a large, growing, and often impenetrable business. Who you kw, what you kw, and who kws you are the three most important factors that will determine your success in the music business. Networking Strategies for the New Music Business teaches the reader how to break into the insular world of the business and advance their career by creating successful personal relationships. Written by a veteran and recognized expert in the business, the book teaches both professional and aspiring musicians the importance of personal contact as well as proper protocol, etiquette, how to make and maintain contacts, and the right way to submit or get his/her work ticed. Working off of the premise that trends and styles in music change but the people behind the scenes do t, the book helps musicians lay the ground work for an ever-changing career. Learn from the author as he shares both triumphs and setbacks throughout a career that has taken him from biker bars to a prestigious career that involves both teaching and working with world-rewned professional musicians. Networking Strategies for the New Music Business combines humor with hard reality to teach the basic social and professional skills that musicians need to succeed in the music business.
- Author BiographyAcknowledged as one of the American media's foremost authorities on popular music and songwriters, Dan Kimpel contributes to numerous interactive DVDs, magazines, web sites, podcasts, documentary films, videos, in flight airline audio programs, and new media. His notable interviews include conversations with Leonard Cohen, Holland-Dozier-Holland, Green Day, Metallica, Fergie, Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne, and Dr. Maya Angelou. Dan is the author of Electrify My Soul: Songwriters and the Spiritual Source, How They Made It: True Stories of How Music's Biggest Stars Went From Start To Stardom, Networking Strategies For The New Music Business, and Networking in the Music Business. A noted music business educator, Dan lectures at colleges, universities, and conferences across the U.S. and Canada, and for five years conducted a master class in Networking for graduating seniors at the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) in the UK. He is a faculty member at Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California, where he was recently named MBP Teacher of the Year. Visit Dan online at: www.dankimpel.com.
- Author(s)Dan Kimpel
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication20/05/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCourse Technology Inc
- Weight522 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.