All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe network is the pervasive organizational image of the new millennium. This book examines one particular kind of network - the 'kwledge network' - whose primary mandate is to create and disseminate kwledge based on multidisciplinary research that is informed by problem-solving as well as theoretical agendas. In their examination of five kwledge networks based in Canadian universities, and in most cases working closely with researchers in developing countries, the authors demonstrate the ability of networks to cross disciplinary boundaries, to blend the operational with the theoretical, and to respond to broad social processes. Operating through networks, rather than through formal, hierarchical structures, diverse communities of researchers create different kinds of kwledge and disseminate their results effectively across disciplinary, sectoral, and spatial boundaries. Analysis of networks in health, environment, urban, and educational fields suggests that old categories of 'rth' and 'south' are becoming blurred, and that the new structures of kwledge creation and dissemination help to sustain collaborative research.
- Author BiographyJoy Fitzgibbon is a doctoral candidate in the department of political science at the University of Toronto. Janice Gross Stein is the Belzberg Professor of Conflict Management in the Department of Political Science and Director of the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. Richard Stren is Professor of Political Science at the University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Janice Gross Stein,Joy Fitzgibbon,Melissa Maclean,Richard Stren
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleIPAC Series in Public Management & Governance
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight404 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.