All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionNeuroethics is concerned with the wide array of ethical, legal and social issues that are raised in research and practice. The field has grown rapidly over the last five years, becoming an active interdisciplinary research area involving a much larger set of academic fields and professions, including law, developmental psychology, neuropsychiatry, and the military. Neuroethics and Practice helps to define and foster this emerging area at the intersection of neuroethics and clinical neuroscience, which includes neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry and their pediatric subspecialties, as well as neurorehabiliation, clinical neuropsychology, clinical bioethics, and the myriad other clinical specialties (including nursing and geriatrics) in which practitioners grapple with issues of mind and brain. Chatterjee and Farah have brought together leading neuroethicists working in clinically relevant areas to contribute chapters on an intellectually fascinating and clinically important set of neuroethical topics, involving brain enhancements, brain imaging, competence and responsibility, severe brain damage, and consequences of new neurotechlogies. Although this book will be of direct interest to clinicians, as the first edited volume to provide an overall comprehensive perspective on neurethics across disciplines, it is also a unique and useful resource for a wide range of other scholars and students interested in ethics and neuroscience.
- Author BiographyAnjan Chatterjee, M.D., is Associate Professor of Neurology, Department of Neurology and Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania Martha J. Farah, Ph.D., is Director, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Walter H. Annenberg Professor in the Natural Sciences, University of Pennsylvania.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnjan Chatterjee,Martha J. Farah
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.