CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
About this product
- DescriptionNeuronal cells (neurons) mainly transmit signals by action potentials or spikes. Neuronal electrical activity is recorded from experimental animals by microelectrodes placed in specific brain areas. These electrochemical fast phemena occur as all-or-ne events and can be analyzed as boolean sequences. Following this approach, several computational analyses reported most variable neuronal behaviors expressed through a large variety of firing patterns . These patterns have been modeled as symbolic strings with a number of different techniques [23, 55] The results obtained with these methods come (i) from Ventrobasal Thalamic Nuclei (VB) and Somatosensory Cortex (SSI) in Chronic Pain Animals (CPAs), (ii) from Primary Visual (V1) and (SSI) in rat Cortices and, finally, (iii) from IL human Thalamus Nuclei in patients suffering from states of disordered consciousness like Persistent Vegetative State (PVS) and Minimum Conscious State (MCS).
- Author(s)Antonio Giuliano Zippo
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationRoma
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight198 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.