All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together experts from the fields of linguistics, psychology and neuroscience to explore how a multidisciplinary approach can impact on research into the neurocognition of language. International contributors present cutting-edge research from cognitive and developmental psychology, neuropsychology, psycholinguistics and computer science, and discuss how this contributes to neuropsycholinguistics, a term coined by Jean-Luc Nespoulous, to whom this book is dedicated. Chapters illustrate how researchers with different methods and theoretical backgrounds can contribute to a unified vision of the study of language cognition. Reinterpreting neuropsycholinguistics through the lens of each research field, the book demonstrates important attempts to adopt a comprehensive view of speech and language pathology. Divided into three sections the book covers: * linguistic mechanisms and the architecture of language * the relationship between language and other cognitive processes * the assessment of speech and language disabilities and compensatory mechanisms. Neuropsycholinguistic Perspectives on Language Cognition presents a unique contribution to cognitive science and language science, from linguistics to neuroscience. It will interest academics and scholars in the field, as well as medical researchers, psychologists, and speech and language therapists.
- Author BiographyCorine Astesano is Associate Professor in the Department of Language Sciences, Octogone-Lordat laboratory, Universite de Toulouse - Jean Jaures, France. Her fields of expertise are prosody, experimental phonetics, and neurocognition of language and music. Melanie Jucla is Associate Professor in the Department of Language Sciences, Octogone-Lordat laboratory, Universite de Toulouse - Jean Jaures, France. Her fields of expertise are neuropsychology of language with focus on developmental dyslexia, neurolinguistics, and language cognition.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleExplorations in Cognitive Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 28 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCorine Astesano,Melanie Jucla
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.