All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe International Congress on Neurotechlogy, Electronics, and Informatics (NEUROTECHNIX) took place in Algarve, Portugal in September of 2013. The congress provided a meeting point of academics and clinical and engineering professionals, promoting translational discussions on how research and techlogy can meet the needs of clinical practitioners and patients. NEUROTECHNIX emphasized research and application of neurotechlogies to various neurological disorders, including neuromuscular diseases, Parkinson's disease, developmental disorders, dementia, epilepsy, sleep disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, neuroinfections, brain tumors, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, Cerebral Palsy, spinal cord injury and vision and hearing disorders. Authors were invited to submit invative research work that highlighted new advancements of neurotechlogy. Papers describing case studies, advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions were encouraged. This book contains a limited selection of extended and revised versions of the best papers presented at the congress, by regular and keyte speakers.
- Author BiographyPedro Encarnacao is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Catolica Lisbon School of Business and Economics of the Catholic University of Portugal, Lisbon, Portugal. He has received the 'Licenciatura' degree in 1994, the M.Sc. degree in 1998 and the Ph.D. degree in 2002, all in Electrical and Computers Engineering from the Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal. His current research interests include Rehabilitation Engineering, namely the use of robotic systems in the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities and nonlinear control of autonomous vehicles. Ana Londral is a researcher at Instituto de Medicina Molecular in Faculty of Medicine - University of Lisbon, Portugal. She has received the 'Licenciatura' degree in Electrical Engineering (1999) from the Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal, and the M.Sc. degree in Health Engineering (2007) from the Catholic University of Portugal. She is now concluding the Doctoral Programme in Neurosciences, from the Faculty of Medicine - University of Lisbon, Portugal. Her current research interests include Neuro Rehabilitation Engineering, namely in development and applied research of assistive devices and monitoring tools for persons with neurodegenerative diseases. Jose Luis Pons Rovira obtained his PhD in Physics, Universidad Complutense Madrid, in 1997. In 1998 he was appointed as Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute for Industrial Automation of the Spanish Council for Scientific Research, CSIC. In 1999 he was awarded a position as Tenured Scientist, in 2007 a position as Research Scientist and eventually in 2008 a position as Full Professor, all of them at the same institution. Along these last ten years of research, Prof. Pons has also served as lecturer in Polytechnic University of Madrid (Robotics and Advanced Sensors and Actuators), Alfonso X El Sabio University (Systems theory and Control), Alcala de Henares University (Robotics and Advanced Actuators).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/07/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Computational Neuroscience
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 34 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight336 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAna Rita Londral,Jose Luis Pons Rovira,Pedro Encarnacao
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.