All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeurotrauma: Managing Patients with Head Injuries is a comprehensive, holistic, evidence-based approach to the primary, secondary and tertiary care of a person with neurotrauma. Using a patient-centred needs approach to enhance the quality of care of head injured patients, family and carers, this multidisciplinary book enables the reader to apply the kwledge, skills and attitudes learned to the practice of neurotrauma in all settings. It explores: * Anatomy and physiology of the brain * Pharmacology for neurotrauma patients * Assessment of the patient with neurotrauma * Management of neurotrauma in a range of settings including at the scene, in the emergency department, and at the hospital * Neuro-rehabilitation * Community care * Nursing management of the patient This practical resource includes activities, exercises, and ethical and legal considerations throughout, making it ideal reading for all staff working in neuroscience, emergency, critical and rehabilitation settings.
- Author BiographyDr Nadine Abelson-Mitchell is Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing and Community Studies at the University of Plymouth. She is the partnership link for the neuroscience programme and is Appointed Honorary Nurse Consultant to Rowans Rehabilitation Unit, Plymouth teaching PCT.
- Author(s)Nadine Abelson-Mitchell
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight848 g
- Width190 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.