All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor and researcher Helen Carlson spent almost fourteen years searching for the origins of Nevada's place names, using the maps of explorers, miners, government surveyors, and city planners and poring through historical accounts, archival documents, county records, and newspaper files. The result of her labors is Nevada Place Names, a fascinating mixture of history spiced with folklore, legend, and obscure facts. Out of print for some years, the book was reprinted in 1999.
- Author BiographyHelen Carlson's interest in the origin of place names began while she was earning her bachelor's and master's degrees at the University of Nevada, Reno. Her research took her throughout Nevada, California, and the Southwest.
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication30/09/1999
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight617 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.