All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionPart map, part travelogue, part chronicle, part autobiography, Never-Ending Birds explores a variety of landscapes from Midwestern villages to the boroughs of big cities. Steeped in story-divorce, loss, raising a child, uncovering old worlds and new loves-these poems are gracefully lived in, lived through, with mystery and beauty. from Never-Ending Birds : That's us pointing to the clouds. Those are clouds of birds, w we see, one whole cloud of birds. There we are, pointing out the car windows. October. Gray-blue-white olio of birds. Never-ending birds, you called the first time- years we say it, the three of us, any two of us, one of those just endearments. Apt clarities. Kiss on the lips of hope.
- Author BiographyDavid Baker's last collection was Never-Ending Birds, which won the Theodore Roethke Memorial Poetry Prize. His many honors include fellowships and awards from the Poetry Society of America, the Pushcart Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Guggenheim Foundation. Baker lives in Granville, Ohio, is the poetry editor of the Kenyon Review, and is the Thomas B. Fordham Chair of Poetry and Professor of English at Denison University.
- Author(s)David Baker
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight160 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.