All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
About this product
- DescriptionA 2012 Coretta Scott King Author Hor Book This gorgeous picture book by Newbery Hor winner Patricia C. McKissack and two-time Caldecott Medal-winning husband-and-wife team Leo and Diane Dillon is sure to become a treasured keepsake for African American families. Set in West Africa, this a lyrical story-in-verse is about a young black boy who is kidnapped and sold into slavery, and his father who is left behind to mourn the loss of his son. Here's a beautiful, powerful, truly unforgettable story about family, memory, and freedom. Forceful and iconic, raves Publishers Weekly in a starred review.
- Author BiographyPATRICIA MCKISSACK is one of the most acclaimed authors writing for children today. She has written many award-winning books, including Never Forgotten, a Coretta Scott King Author Honor Book; Porch Lies, an ALA-ALSC Notable Children's Book; The Dark Thirty, a Newbery Honor Book; Let My People Go, recipient of the NAACP Image Award; and Mirandy and Brother Wind, a Caldecott Honor Book. Her other books include The All-I'll-Ever-Want Christmas Doll, Goin' Someplace Special, and Precious and the Boo Hag. Patricia and her husband, Frederick McKissack, are the recipients of the Coretta Scott King Virginia Hamilton Award for Lifetime Achievement. LEO and DIANE DILLON have illustrated over 60 books for children and have received just about every honor and award imaginable. They are the winners of two Caldecott Medals ( Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears and Ashanti to Zulu ), five New York Times Best Illustrated Awards (including one for the Knopf book, The People Could Fly ), and numerous Coretta Scott King Awards.
- Author(s)Patricia C McKissack
- PublisherSchwartz & Wade Books
- Date of Publication11/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleJunior Library Guild Selection
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchwartz & Wade Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width235 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Leo Dillon,Diane Dillon
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.